For swimmers who compete at County & Regional level.
- 1) A swimmer achieve at least 2 Essex / Regional time (any distance)
- 2) The swimmer can perform 10-15x100 set working at the same time as their potential training lane
- 3) The swimmer is committed and will attend a minimum of 5 sessions each week
- 4) Movement is dependant on space available - Maximum number in squad 255) Minimum Age 10
Movement to A squad is dependant on:
- Meeting the relevant squad Criteria at relevant ages and space available – max 25
- Movement will be handled under the squad trial process
Note. Places in the squads are subject to regular review.
- Up to 11 training sessions per week
- Gym/land training (applicable to age & personal development)
- Regularly updated Personal Best times
- Constructive feedback on performance and technique
- Advice on equipment
PB Record Card
Time trials are held on a regular basis during training sessions in order for a progress record to be kept of all squad swimmers. Children are expected to record their personal best (PB) times each month in order to see, on paper, their improvements and discuss achievable goals with the squad coach.
- Eat 2 hours before you swim,
- Drink before you swim, (around 1 litre in the 2 hours leading up to swim),
- 1 hour before swimming try to relax,
- 15 minutes before swimming, stretch. Touch toes, shoulder rotations and arm stretches,
- Go to the toilet,
- Be ready to swim at your start time and have all equipment ready on poolside,
- Remember - don't swim if you are ill, especially if you have an open wound or a stomach upset.
During the session.
- Warm up slowly, gradually build up to faster swims,
- Stretch shoulders again,
- Swimmers must complete mobility exercises before swimming. If late, the swimmer will be asked to complete these exercises and then will join the session once the coach has gven permission
- Only drink after each set, take short drinks,
- Toilet breaks are built into the sessions,
- Swim full lengths, end to end with correct turns and try to avoid cutting corners,
- Make sure you finish each length with the correct touch
- Swim down, to relax the muscles and practice stroke,
- Stretch arms, shoulders and legs,
- Have a hot shower and wash,
- Eat fruit, not sweets or crisps.
- Pull Buoy
- Goggles (two pairs)
- Fins (short)
- Paddles (small)
- Drink Bottle. 75ml - 1l
- Asthmatics should ensure that they have an inhaler at the poolside
- Asthmatics must have completed an ASA Medical Form
IMPORTANT NOTE: - Payment for training is expected in advance at the beginning of each month/quarter in all but the most exceptional circumstances (e.g. long term illness or injury). Please note therefore, that missed sessions will not be credited since teacher's fees and pool hire etc. must still be funded.