The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All volunteers & officials must:
1. Abide by the Code of Conduct and the Clubs Constitution (accessed via the website). Good, fair and respectful behaviour is expected at all pools during and after training sessions and galas. This also applies to outside of training when emails, texts and MSN can be accessed. Inappropriate communication (whether it be verbal or non verbal) and non-adherence to this Code of Conduct and Constitution violates the terms of your membership.
2. Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
3. Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
4. Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part
5. Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play)
6. Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
7. Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club
8. Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
9. Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
0. Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances