Aiming to achieve
- Minimum age of 19 and an appropriate level of commitment to training.
- Swimmers who wish to swim in a less pressurised environment but also have the opportunity to compete in galas.
- A swimmer must pay for 2 sessions per week (irrespective of whether they only swim once). Since the closure of Ilford pool we are no longer able to offer an extra session.
Training Guidelines Pre-swim prep.
- A higher level of swimming ability
- Improve aerobic fitness
- Compete in swimming galas at the appropriate level.
During the session.
- Eat 2 hours before you swim,
- Drink before you swim, (around 1 litre in the 2 hours leading up to swim),
- 1 hour before swimming try to relax,
- 15 minutes before swimming, stretch. Touch toes, shoulder rotations and arm stretches,
- Go to the toilet,
- Be ready to swim at your start time and have all equipment ready on poolside,
- Remember - don't swim if you are ill, especially if you have an open wound or a stomach upset.
- Warm up slowly, gradually build up to faster swims,
- Stretch shoulders again,
- Only drink after each set, take short drinks,
- Toilet breaks are built into the sessions,
- Swim full lengths, end to end with correct turns and try to avoid cutting corners,
- Make sure you finish each length with the correct touch
- Swim down, to relax the muscles and practice stroke,
- Stretch arms, shoulders and legs,
- Have a hot shower and wash,
- Eat fruit, not sweets or crisps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: - Payment for training is expected in advance at the beginning of each month/quarter in all but the most exceptional circumstances (e.g. long term illness or injury). Please note therefore, that missed sessions will not be credited since teacher's fees and pool hire etc. must still be funded.
- Pull Buoy
- Goggles (two pairs)
- Fins (short)
- Paddles (small)
- Drink Bottle. 75ml - 1l
- Asthmatics should ensure that they have an inhaler at the poolside
- Asthmatics must have completed an ASA Medical Form
Click on the basket to enter the club shop.