Code Of Conduct For Swimmers
All swimmers must abide by the following:
- Go to the toilet before comming on poolside.
- Arrive on poolside ready to swim at least 10 mins early and begin Pre-swim Mobility exercises.
- Appologise to coach if arriving late and ask permission to join the session.
- Advise the coach before starting the session if you have to leave early.
- Advise the coach of any problems that may affect your training.
- Ensure all training equipment is readily avaliable, in good condition and ready for use including drink and goggles (swimmers should have two pairs that do not leak).
- Ensure Drink and food is kept close by and take all rubbish with you, do not leave it on pool side.
- Listern silently and attentivley whilst coach is explaining session details, if not sure ask coach.
- Enter pool quickly and safely only when directed by coach.
- Complete full lengths, correct starts and turns at all times during training unless instructed otherwise by coach.
- Leave correct gaps between swimmers during training sets.
- Only overtake when safe to do so and with consideration for other swimmers.
- Ask the coach for permission to leave the pool or poolside for any reason.
- On return to the poolside ask permission to rejoin the session.
- Resume to your correct position in the lane if you leave the pool during the session.
- On hearing the whistle, stop be quiet and wait for instructions from the coach.
- Always train and race to the best of your ability, both your teams and your own performance will benefit.
At All Time And At All Galas
- Speak politely and show respect to all coaches, team managers and all other swimmers.
- Never argue with Team Managers, Coaches, Referee or any Officials.
- Advise coach of any injuries or illness as soon as possible.
- It is important that information on all medication currently being taken should be reported to your Coach who will report it to the relevant personnel. Allergies to any medication must be reported to your coach.
- Show respect for property belonging to other swimmers, coaches and the pools where you are swimming.
- Abide by local rules and lifegards.
- Adhere to the ASA policy regarding drugs and prohibited substances.
- Do not leave the training/gala facilities without prior permission from coach.
- Your personal appearance shall be appropriate to the circumstances and as indicated by your Coach. Team kit and equipment shall be worn as directed by your Coach when competing and training, and on other occasions as notified.
Remember Squad Swimmers
- Are ambassadors for the London Borough of Redbridge SC.
- Promote the CODE OF CONDUCT amongst all your team-mates.
- Demonstrate good team spirit at galas and during training.
- Promote high standards for club swimmers to follow, by Demonstrating good sportsmanship at all times despite the situation.
- Squad members must only concern themselves with matters relating to their own swimming.
- Learn the laws of the sport
Swimmers are to abide by the Code of Conduct and the Clubs Constitution (accessed via the website). Good, fair and respectful behavior is expected at all times, at all Pools, before, during and after training sessions or galas.
This also applies to outside of training when emails, texts and MSN can be accessed or sent e.g. inappropriate communication, both verbal, non verbal.
Any incident must be brought to the attention of the Head Coach as soon as possible. The incident will then be reported to the clubs Child Support Officer and the Committee. A meeting will take place to resolve any issues. If the incident happens again, the committee will be in its right to revoke the swimmers/parents membership. Refer to Clubs Constitution.
Please be aware that any failure to adhere to the code of conduct violates the terms of your membership